Idea of the Week

Idea of the Week
Purses and Clutches by Ikestaedt

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Search for Bridesmaids Gifts

This is the bag I would get for myself (and still might!)

So I am on the search for perfect bridesmaids gifts (girls: if you are reading this, move on!) I have two maids of honor, five bridesmaids, two flowers girls, and an amazing friend marrying us. All of these girls mean so much to me - I must find the perfect gifts to thank them for standing with me on the most important day of my life.

Okay, sentiment aside. I love giving gifts. And I don't like gifts that are standardized. When I give a gift, my ultimate goal is for the person to exclaim with joy when they open it. I think I may have a touch of gift-psychic in me (though I'll admit there are those people who completely stump me, you know who you are). I live in NYC so am constantly bombarded with stuff. I'll see something and feel that it would be perfect for this person or that person. Tough in this economy, when you are planning a wedding, since I can't stock pile these gifts for birthdays and holidays...

Enough about my gift giving. So I have been considering personalized purses recently. I came across the tote bag above and now I am thinking it might be better to give tote bags instead of purses the girls could use for the wedding. Some of them would never use those again... There are tons of designs by Ivan and Mary. I have my own in mind for all of my girls. Now I am just thinking about what other little trinkets I can put in them.

What are your suggestions for smaller monogram or initial items? As previously-stated economy concerns are in play, they can't be too expensive. Let me know your ideas and what you are getting to say thank you to your girls!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment