Idea of the Week

Idea of the Week
Purses and Clutches by Ikestaedt

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back with Bling!

Hello Readers!

So where have I been? I apologize to those of you who have wanted to read, but haven't seen anything new. I know, it has been a long time since I have posted. Let me fill you in on the details.

Last May I was lucky enough to be on-site producing my first incentive program. Aside from putting together amazing events for our client's guests (see pictures below), I had to be away from home for 23 days. On day 18, after a long day setting up an event, ending in humidity and pouring rain, I went back to my hotel office. A security guard knocked on my door, and told me that a guest wanted to see me in the lobby bar. I thought this was highly unlikely, but because my birthday was a few days away, I suspected that something was going on. Little did I know what was going to happen.

The security guard led me to the corner of the bar where I saw a glass of wine and a note. The note said "Happy Birthday Love, look in the corner." Sitting in the dark corner was my boyfriend! He had conspired with my boss and flown all the way to Bermuda to surprise me. I was caught WAY off guard and hadn't even begun to realize that he was really sitting in front of me, when we jumped out of his chair and got down on one knee!

He had shown up over 8 hours before, and due to the weather had had to hide in the lobby bar. (Note: the hotel is very small and I had walked by the bar at least 50 times that day setting up my event.) He had wanted to propose to me on the beach, but thought that the second I saw him in Bermuda I would know what he was going to do (Note: I had no idea, as I thought we were at least a year away from being engaged). I was so flabbergasted that I couldn't even go to the dinner reservations he had made. I made him order room service with me in my hotel room. He left less than 24 hours after he had arrived, and I continued on with my work for the last five days with a HUGE smile on my face the entire time.

So here I am, hoping to recommit myself to showing you new and innovative products, designs and ideas for your wedding and for our wedding. I hope that you continue to enjoy what you read.

See upcoming posts on details from our wedding planning. Please share details from yours and we will feature you on the blog.



Events produced by Fourth Wall Events www.fourthwallevents.com

No comments:

Post a Comment