Idea of the Week

Idea of the Week
Purses and Clutches by Ikestaedt

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

How to use a Family Gown


I saw this idea when I was browsing on Portovert and thought is was spectacular! Mom or Grandma's gown may have a tone of sentimental meaning, but that doesn't mean you want to forgo the Vera Wang for it. Personally, my mother weighed 97 pounds when she got married and I can't even get her dress over my thighs....

But how to include that special garment in your own wedding. Create a chuppah using the fabric. You can even blend fabrics from Mom, Grandma, your Mother-in-law-to-be. The possibilities are endless! Not Jewish - come on, everyone can create a little altar cover!

Who knows, you could start a family trend. Each woman could add a piece of her gown, adding to the happiness of the family as your tree grows. Momentous thought huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment